The purpose of the workshop ¬†is to engage young¬† people and their parents in local carpooling. The project is about overview, understanding and especially safety and knowledge¬†about what Mini Young Villagelift can offer the local community and their young people.
The program¬†is set up the following way:
Participants from the local community and maybe from the municipality (recommended)
- 2-4 young people between 15-21 that is living in rural areas and has a transportation problem
- Parents , that recognize that parents driving with young people is a challenge
- A representative from the local community that consider missing transportation opportunities a limitation for local development
- A school principal or representative from the local school
- Possibly one or more representative s from the municipality
Participants from GreenDriveThinking
- A Young Villagelift consultant
- A Young Villagelift youth ambassador (15-18 years)
The workshop is set to 4 hours
The first 1¬Ĺ hours:
- Review of the Calculator, to calculate the price for parents driving at the individual parent
- Presentation of the intelligent Coofle solution, and discuss ‚ÄúCan you see this as a solution that could have a significant meaning for you and for your local community ?
Based on this, the talk moves towards ‚ÄĚHow do we get 34% of the local adults to participate and sign up?
It is here the School project comes into the picture,¬† The school is encouraged to work with ‚ÄĚTraffic & Environment‚ÄĚ during the European Mobility Week. Tools and materials are provided.
Half hour break
1 hour: Group work (The young people)
The young people leave the workshop together with the young ambassador. They will leave with the propose ¬†of¬† creating a list of suggestions on how they together with their school can engage most young people and through them their parents.¬† The young ambassador will come with some good ideas, and together they will make their own list on how they can do this in their local community.
1 hour: Group work (The adults)
Same procedure as the young people. The adults will talk about how they can support the project. We will concentrate on to areas
- Make it attractive for the young people to participate. (Competition, sponsor prices and so on)
- The adults engagement
Half an hour: Conclusion
The young people present their ideas and so does the adults.
Then there is open for discussion; Is this something we want to do?